The Conference celebrating the 25th year of IACL will begin an Opening Session with its Founders, on the Sunday of July 16th, 2017, from 5pm to 8pm, and a Welcome Cocktail. The Conference will run from Monday, July 17th, until Wednesday, July 19th, 2017, from 09am to 06pm. The main purpose of this 25+ Conference is to provide a forum where leading international scholars, practitioners, representatives of the consumer organization, public authorities and business representatives can join to present and discuss together the fundaments, the challenges and the future of consumer protection worldwide.
The Conference will be held at the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul - UFRGS - downtown campus, Law School (80, João Pessoa Avenue, phone: +55 51 3308 4059), in Porto Alegre, Brazil.
CALL FOR PAPERS
We kindly invite participants from all around the world to submit an abstract (max. 500 words, until
November 15th December 12th, 2016) of a paper they would like to present during the conference, and a CV, to this address: email@example.com. Submissions may be in English or French. All submissions will be reviewed by the organizers of the conference. All participants will be notified of the organizers' decisions by January 15th, 2017. The submissions can be addressing one these three themes:
1. Roots and fundamentals of the consumer law and policy (vulnerability, mass society and social development, competition and fairness on the market, bargaining powers, lawmaking, transparency on standard contracts, civil society and their role, individual and collective implementation of consumer law; private/public enforcement of consumer law, history, evolution and scientific bases of consumer law and policy; dialogue of consumer law with other disciplines: economy, psychology, sociology, political and ethical studies, anthropology, empirical and critical studies etc.).
2. Contemporary Challenges of the consumer protection (codification and pluralism of legal sources, consumer notion, vulnerable and disadvantage consumers, notion of products and services in a digital society, E-commerce, e-money and Internet of Things, Sharing Economy, behavioral economics perspective, Network, time life and relational contracts, access to justice and effective consumer collective and individual redress, collective action, consumer ADR and ODR, problems of arbitration, disappearing of class actions, warranties, product safety, advertising, unfair commercial practices, consumer harassment, consumer credit, over-indebtedness and bankruptcy, insurance, tourism, entertainment).
3. Future – Towards International and Sustainable Consumer Law (national, regional and international consumer protection, Double Standard, cross-border enforcement, international tourism, international e-commerce, international regulation and new fora and institutional machinery, Revision of the UNGCP, Second hand Circular Economy, Brand and Gatekeepers Liability, Sustainable Consumption, Planned Obsolescence, Digital products and intellectual property, privacy and personal data protection).
The registration fees to all participants (including admission to the academic programming on all 3 days and refreshment breaks, 2 lunches at the Law School, one Welcome Cocktail and one Conference Dinner, transportation from Hotel to the Law School and back, as well as one optional city tour on the open top bus on Sunday) will be:
Academic / non-profit / public sector: R$ 930,00*
Business: R$ 1.300,00*
PhD students / students / Brasilcon members: R$ 560,00* (or without lunches/dinner: R$ 190,00*)
- List of accepted abstracts and panelists publication: January 15th, 2017.
- Scholarships will be available for students and young scholars, consisting on a registration fee waiver.
- Five Brasilcon awards will be available for help to support hotel costs.
- The Selection of students to work as volunteers during the conference will begin in March 2017.
|Call for papers||Jul 31st, 2016||Dec 12th, 2016|
|List of accepted abstracts and panelists||Jan 15th, 2017||-|
|Registrations Online registration, click here||Aug 15th, 2016||Jun 30th, 2017|
|Registrations with special price for Academic / non-profit / public sector Online registration, click here||Aug 15th, 2016||Mar 30th, 2017|
|Selection of students to work as volunteers during the conference||Mar 1st, 2017||Mar 30th, 2017|
|The conference - Sunday: Opening session with the founders of the IACL, followed by a welcome reception||Jul 16th, 2017 - 05:00pm||Jul 16th, 2017 - 08:00pm|
|Full day conference - Monday||Jul 17th, 2017 - 09:00am||Jul 17th, 2017 - 06:00pm|
|Full day conference - Thuesday||Jul 18th, 2017 - 09:00am||Jul 18th, 2017 - 06:00pm|
|Full day conference - Wednesday||Jul 19th, 2017 - 09:00am||Jul 19th, 2017 - 06:00pm|