Applying to UFRGS
To become a regularly enrolled student in an undergraduate course at UFRGS, the international student needs to:
- Fill in the Formulário de Candidatura de Aluno Visitante (application form for student visitor). The form can be accessed by clicking here or at the link models for download, on the left side of this page. After filling in form, send it by e-mail to Relinter. Attached to the application form, the following documents must be included:
- Academic Transcripts: inventory supplied by the student's host institution, containing the courses taken, the respective grades and credit hours, duly signed.
- Copy of the passport: a clear copy, with the number of the document and photograph.
- Study Plan: a list with the courses the student would like to take at UFRGS; this list must be authorized (duly signed by responsibles) by the student's home institution. The courses offered by UFRGS can be found in the link Atividades de Ensino. The disciplines available at UFRGS can be checked here. The Study Plan can be found on the second page of the Formulário de Candidatura de Aluno Visitante (Guest Student Application Form), and is prone to alterations depending on the approval of the tutor.
- Description of disciplines completed: this document should present a brief description, in Portuguese, of all disciplines you passed at your university. This document does not have to be official, you may informally make a report of the disciplines.
These documents should be sent by e-mail in only one PDF file to email@example.com and by mail to the following address:
UNIVERSIDADE FEDERAL DO RIO GRANDE DO SUL
Secretaria de Relações Internacionais
Av. Paulo Gama, 110. Anexo 1 - andar térreo.
CEP: 90046-900 Porto Alegre - RS, Brasil
After we receive the necessary documents and forms, the requests will be assessed. Afterwards, a Letter of Acceptance will be sent by mail to those students who were accepted at UFRGS. The Letter of Acceptance is an official document that testifies that you are allowed to study at UFRGS and it is a requested document for obtaining your Brazilian Student Visa (Temporary Visa IV).
Deadline for applications:
2012/2: April 5th 2012
2013/1: November 5th 2012
2013/2: April 5th 2013
We are waiting for your application. Good luck with your selection process!
International students interested in Graduate courses at UFRGS should contact directly contact the units at the university they are interested in. The contacts can be found at:
Portuguese as a second language
UFRGS offers a Portuguese as a second language course for international students with competitive prices. The course is offered for those students who want to learn Portuguese, as well as for those who want to improve their Portuguese, helping in the understanding of classes at UFRGS. The Portuguese as a second language course at UFRGS is an experience that surpasses the academic frontiers, since the students are motivated to immerge in Brazilian culture through dynamic and extra curricular academic activities. The applications of interested students are received by Institute of Letters. For further information about the Portuguese as a second language program at UFRGS, contact the program by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +55 51 33086690.
For more information: http://sites.google.com/site/secretariappe/
Blog with news about this course: http://ppeonline.blogspot.com/