The College of Pharmacy carried out the first evaluation during the “First Cycle of Evaluations of the University” between 1994 and 1996, covering internal and external assessments. The Center for the Evaluation of the College of Pharmacy – NAU/FAR was formed in the year 2000 during the “Second Evaluation Cycle – Permanent Institutional Evaluation Program of UFRGS – PAIPUFRGS”, which started activities in the context of the preparatory efforts for the external evaluation that was to be conducted by the Ministry of Education. The College of Pharmacy created a Commission, which at the same time addressed this expectation and promoted an internal evaluation from the perspective of the continuity of the work started in 1994. In the year 2003, the “Second Evaluation Cycle of the University” was implemented, and the activities conducted by NAU/FAR started to merge with the collective efforts of the other NAUs of the University under the guidance of the Bureau of Institutional Evaluation – SAI. The Center took part in most meetings of Coordinators, of former participants and Faculty Evaluations. In 2004, aiming at the complete adaptation to the work regimen defined by coordinators, the Center organized the “Seminar for the Preparation of the Internal Evaluation of the College”, when several evaluation dimensions were discussed.
In the following year, the Center acted systematically in the internal evaluation of the College, detecting, based on the use of several instruments (such as surveys), the needs indicated by the College’s academic community and sending them to the implementation of policies. From 2008 on, the Center follows the changes in the curriculum of the Degree in Pharmacy, through half-year evaluations of courses taught, in which the faculty and students are engaged, in an effort that is publicized to the whole community. The 2009/2011 administration of the Center proposed a survey and a planned intervention in the activities related with evaluation in a partnership with the College Board.
Responsibilities: The Center for the Evaluation of the College of Pharmacy has specific attributions defined by the Institutional Evaluation Bureau – SAI, listed in the Program of Permanent Institutional Evaluation of UFRGS – Second Evaluation Cycle – PAIPUFRGS/SINAES, as detailed below:
1) Implement the process of evaluation of Colleges involving the communities of students, faculties, and technical and management staff. 2) Carry out events that may be used as theoretical and practical support tools in the evaluation process. 3) Take responsibility for the analysis of the diagnosis of the College, coordinating the Internal Evaluation process. 4) Participate in the activities involving the four questions in the evaluation presented to the University: (1) follow-up of former students, (2) analysis of the allocation, quantification and performance with a view to valuing technical and management staff, (3) optimize the faculty evaluation process and of the course by the professor, (4) analysis of the operational conditions of the equipment used in the College, in order to subsidize the priorities in terms of infrastructure in the College, 5) Develop the project of internal College evaluation, addressing peculiarities and specific aspects, understanding questions around the evaluation process for the Colleges forming the University as useful guidelines: (1) teaching, (2) research, (3) extension studies, (4) academic management, (5) administration, (6) infrastructure, (7) faculty, (8) technical and management staff, (9) students, (10) institutional relationships; 6) Prepare evaluation reports in line with the schedule of the Evaluation Program, meeting the two development lines: one that examines the University as a whole, and one that aims at the specific aspects of the activities developed in each College of the University, including the Teachers Training School of UFRGS.
NAU is formed by:
– Dr. Alexandre José Macedo (email@example.com)
– Dr. Letícia Scherer Koester (firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Dr. Adelina Mezzari (email@example.com)
– Dr. Eduardo Luis Konrath (firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Dr. Bibiana Verlindo de Araújo (email@example.com)
– Dr. Luciane Noal Calil (firstname.lastname@example.org)