Study of the geology, geomorphology, sedimentology, mineral resources, as well as the paleogeographic and stratigraphic evolution, of coastal regions.
Professors : Eduardo Guimarães Barboza, Jair Weschenfelder, Luiz José Tomazelli and Sérgio Rebello Dillenburg.
Study of the geology, bottom morphology, morpho-structural evolution, of continental margins, as well as the sedimentary distribution, mineral resources, paleogeographic evolution and coastal dynamics, of marine regions.
Professors : Carlos A. F. Schettini, Elírio E. Toldo Jr., Iran Carlos Stalliviere Corrêa, Jair Weschenfelder, Jefferson Cardia Simões, Leandro Farina .
- Coastal dynamics and physical oceanography ;
- Coastal evolution of barrier / lagoon depositional systems ;
- Coastal geology and geomorphology, coastal sedimentation environments, sedimentary basins stratigraphy, coastal environmental geology ;
- Glaciology and climatology ;
- Quaternary glaciology, climatology and paleoclimatology ;
- Estuaries and coastal waters hydrodynamics and transport processes ;
- Physical oceanography Mathematics ;
- Holocene sediment palynology, paleoenvironmental and paleoclimate reconstructions, assessment of ocean level changes, through palynomorphs and non-pollen palynomorphs ;
- Coastal processes of lagoon and marine beach environments, related to sediment dynamics, morpho-dynamics, hydrodynamics and erosion ;
- Marine sedimentology, multivariate analysis, geoprocessing, numerical modeling, coastal morpho-dynamics, estuarine circulation and sedimentary dispersion ;
- Marine sedimentology, continental shelf geology, paleogeographic evolution, marine geophysics and sedimentary dynamics ;